As a Clark County Judge, Jason will remain unbiased and each case will be evaluated by their merits, without prejudice or preconception.
As a Clark County Judge, Jason will take the time to study the facts and be prepared to understand each side before rendering a decision.
Voted 2019 CCBA President by his peers. Duties: the duty of the President to preside at all meetings of the Association. With the advice of the Executive Board, the President shall appoint such committees as the Executive Board may from time to time direct or as may from time to time seem to the President necessary and appropriate. The President shall have such other powers and perform such other duties not inconsistent with the Association’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws as usually are possessed or exercised by presiding officers. The President shall be an ex-officio member of all standing committees and shall be the presiding officer of the Executive Board.
Nevada Attorney since 2005. Managing Law Partner, 2010 to Present
· 2016 American Institute of Family Law Attorneys – 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award under 40.
· My Vegas Magazine – Readers Choice Awards – Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas 2015.
· Clark County Bar Association Member – President-Elect.
· 2014 National Academy of Family Law Attorneys award winner – Top 10 under 40.
THOMAS M. COOLEY LAW SCHOOL Lansing, Michigan
Juris Doctor, May 2003
· Dean’s List · Thomas M. Cooley Law Journal
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA Cedar Falls, Iowa
Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors: Criminology and Psychology, December 1999
State Bar of Nevada, Bar Number 8898, May 2004.
United States District Court, District of Nevada, 2005.
· 2011 to 2013 Co-Host on AM 720 KDWN “LV Family Law Show” radio show.
· 2012 to present Transition into Practice (TIP) Mentor for New Lawyers by the Supreme Court.
· 2012 to 2015 Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education Executive Board Member.
· 2011 to present State Bar of Nevada Fee Dispute Committee member & Client Security Fund member.
· 2009 to 2015 Truancy Diversion Judge; Eighth Judicial District Court – various local schools.
· 2005 – 2018 State Bar of Nevada Family Law Convention Attendee.
· 2006 Louis P. Wiener Award Winner helping victims of domestic violence, Clark County, Nevada.
· 2007 Mediators of Southern Nevada 44-hour Divorce/Custody/DV training attendee at UNLV.
· 2006 – 2011 Pro Bono 100 hour volunteer, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Family Law Clients.
· 20 Hour Cooperative Parenting Seminar Training Attendee by the Cooperative Parenting Institute.
Pro Tem Judge – Small Claims
LAS VEGAS JUSTICE COURT Las Vegas, Nevada 2016 to Present
· Managed a full caseload of the docket on an “as needed basis” in addition to my busy law practice.
· Adjudicate small claims actions including landlord/tenant issues and miscellaneous debt issues.
· Work with Court staff and assist others with the administration of justice in a professional manner.
ROBERTS STOFFEL FAMILY LAW GROUP Las Vegas, Nevada 2010 – Present
· Managing Partner of a successful law practice while maintaining a full case load.
· Prepared pleadings and conducted legal research on various legal issues.
· Actively practice law, and appear at Trials, and some client mediation/alternative dispute resolution.
· Supplemented my experience with various trainings, committee work, and volunteer activities.
Senior Associate Attorney
HANRATTY ROBERTS LAW GROUP Las Vegas, Nevada 2008 – 2009
· Practice exclusively in family law while managing an extensive list of clients.
· Practice area included extensive motion practice and Trials/evidentiary hearings to judgment.
· Delegated legal tasks to paralegals and supervise them to better serve the firm’s clients.